$1 Budget: Cases and a Headset, Oh My!



This is the first installment in what I hope is a long-running and informative series. The idea is simple: what filmmaking tools can I get for a buck? Once a month I plan to share three of these ideas that can be had in any brick-and-mortar store. I will share online ideas if I find them, but the chances of finding stuff for one dollar online (with no shipping costs) are pretty slim.

In my first episode, I share how I used a cell phone case as a home for a Zoom H1 Handy Recorder, a point-and-shoot hard case for my lav mic, and a cheap non-working headset as a cool prop. I think the potential for these kinds of finds is huge, so I hope to share many more of these with everyone.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Comments

DIYFilmSchool.net said…
I'm consistently impressed by your dollar store finds, Scott. The soft case is really thoughtful. Looks like I'm going to have to pay even more attention to accessories because, honestly, I'm more attentive to the bigger things.