Frugal Shoulder Rig



Probably the most requested item since the Frugal Crane, a DIY shoulder rig seems to be at the top of everyone's list. I know these things are everywhere and I still wasn't sure I wanted to make one (after putting it off over and over), but after making the Frugal Stabilizer II, I caved. Building nice looking rigs out of flash brackets is just stupid easy and requires no tools. A shoulder rig seemed like a perfect fit for my recent building spree, so I submit this one for your approval.


PARTS LIST

Frugal Stabilizer II
Dual straight flash bracket
2x Small camera grip handles
large camera grip handle
22x 1/4"x2" fender washers
1x 1/4" bolt or screw 2" in length
1/4" thumb nut (regular nut works also)

ACCESSORIES FEATURED AT END OF VIDEO

Sennheiser ME66 shotgun mic
Sign Video XLR-Pro XLR interface/mixer
$10 mic shockmount review
Zoom H1 Handy Recorder
Mini ball head
Frugal Fast Release
Nanguang video light review

Comments